Friday 16 October 2009

Bastard Kids


Try as I might, I can't get an old joke out of my head after reading this.

But - with observers beginning to fear the worst - Falcon was eventually found hiding in a box in his parents' attic, unaware of the extraordinary state-wide chase he had caused. He may, perhaps, be in a little trouble with his parents.

So, here goes:

{phone rings}
Kid {whispering}: Hello
Caller: Hi young man, can I talk to your father please?
Kid {whispering}: No, he's busy
Caller: OK, your mother, then?
Kid {whispering}: No, she's busy
Caller: Is there anyone else there I can talk to?
Kid {whispering}: A policeman.
Caller: Great, can you let me talk to him?
Kid {whispering}: No, he's busy.
Caller: OK. Anyone else there?
Kid {whispering}: The fire brigade
Caller: There are a lot of people in your house. What on earth are they all busy doing?
Kid {whispering}: Looking for me.

I never said it was a good joke, by the way.




4 comments:

JuliaM said...

Made me laugh!

I note the family in this case have been on reality TV. Just another way to continue the game?

Mark Wadsworth said...

It's a brilliant joke, getting the boy to hide and then setting off the balloon was brilliant. Today, everything is brilliant!

The Redeeming Defect said...

"I can't tell you how many times this has happened over the course of my career."
Cop in charge of he case.

JuliaM said...

Talk about 'Out of the mouths of babes..':

"But police have confirmed they are set to reinterview the family after Falcon himself appeared to let the cat out of the bag on television.

Asked by news anchor Wolf Blitzer, who was standing in for Larry King, if he had heard his frantic family calling his name, and if he had why he hadn't come out of his hiding place.

Pausing, Falcon replied: 'We did it for the show'."